Strange facts and other useless information.
1. Donkey Kong got his name because his creator believed ‘donkey’ meant ‘stupid’ in English and wanted to convey the impression that the haracter was a “Stupid Ape”.
2. The medical name for a butt crack is “intergluteal cleft”.
3. A duel between three people is actually called a truel.
4. The stage before frostbite is called “frostnip”.
5. The two tiny holes drilled in every BIC pen is to ensure that the air pressure is the same both inside and outside the pen, which helps the ink flow to the tip.
6. In South Korea there is an emergency number (113) to report spies.
7. Snails have 14,000 teeth and some can even kill you!
8. Sonic the Hedgehog’s full name is actually Ogilvie Maurice Hedgehog.
9. Even though Froot Loops are different colors, they all have exactly the same flavor.
10. Most toilet paper sold for home use in France is pink.
11. Marmite was one of most confiscated items at airports from the U.K. – to overcome this issue, Marmite made smaller ones for traveling.
12. The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
13. Daddy longlegs have penises, which technically makes them not a spider.
14. In 2015, a silver coin with Superman on the heads side was made which is legal tender in Canada. There was only 350,000 produced.
15. It took the creator of the Rubik’s Cube, one month to solve the cube after he created it; as of June 2018 the world record is 4.22 seconds.
16. Tigers have striped skin not just striped fur. The stripes are like fingerprints and no two tigers have the same pattern.
17. In 2005, a fortune cookie company called Wonton Food Inc. correctly foretold lottery numbers, resulting in 110 winners and an investigation. No fraud was involved.
18. Two PlayStation games, FIFA 2001 and Gran Turismo 2, has scratch & sniff discs. The FIFA 2001 smelled like a soccer field, while Gran Turismo 2 smelled like car tires.
19. If you die in Amsterdam with no next of kin, and no friends or family to prepare funeral or mourn over the body, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
20. The Himalayan Honey Bee – the largest of the honey bees – makes a hallucinogenic honey that tribes collect.
21. In 2014, Sony made a cassette tape that can store 185TB of data!
22. The man who found the 5,000 year old corpse Ötzi the Iceman in 1991 (Oldest natural European mummy) was also found dead frozen in ice in 2004.
23. In 2014, a missing woman on a vacation in Iceland was found when it was discovered that she was in the search party looking for herself.
24.If you sneeze while traveling at 60 mph your eyes are closed for an average of 50 feet.
25. Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Trivago, Travelocity, and Orbitz are all owned by the same company, Expedia Inc.
26. Before the term “bloopers” was coined, ‘out-takes’ were called ‘boners’.
27. Baked beans are actually not baked, but stewed.
28. The term ‘footage’ comes from films being measured in feet, when being edited in the early days of film making.